I offer a CAD tool that the podiatry profession can implement right at the coal face, or "Chairside" as they like to say. No scanner required.
Take measurements, enter values in OpenSCAD or Customizer, export model, print flat and heat form to fit.
- Open source CAD (OpenSCAD).
- Customizable insole profile to fit internal shoe size.
- Thermoformable surface in hot water, re-form time after time.
- Filaflex and PLA Composite.
- Print with a single nozzle, material changes with height.
- Integrated hinge lines.
The disclaimer here is that I am only providing information, this is not medically certified and is not designed to be such, but hey in many parts of the world, people walk round on planks of wood or old car tyres so everything is builder beware. Go forth and MAKE!!!
EDIT 10/06/2016 : This is pretty much superseded by my software over at http://www.gensole.com